We believe in using your personal information to make things simpler and better for you. We’ll always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to third parties.
We may use your personal information to keep you informed about our products and services, to handle any complaints or queries, and to give you the best customer service we possibly can. However, we never lose sight of the fact that it is your personal information and we will only send you marketing material if you have agreed that we can do so.
Personal Information Collected
We collect information you give us when you register with us, email us and purchase our products. We require only the information we need to provide the service to you, such as:
- your name
- postal address
- telephone number
- email address
How We Collect Your Information
We can collect your information in many ways:
- We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our services, such as when you use our Sites to place an order.
- When you visit the Sites or make an order for our products, you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, delivery address, order details and payment information such as credit or debit card information
- We also look at how visitors use our Sites, to help us improve our services and optimise customer experience.
- When you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- When you place an order with us and during the order process (including for payment and order delivery);
- When you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function
- When you browse and use our Sites (before and after you create an account with us).We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and our fraud detection provider.
We collect information about your usage of the Sites and information about you from any messages you post to the Sites or when you contact us or provide us with feedback, including via e-mail, letter, phone or chat function. If you contact us by phone, we record the call for training and service improvement purposes, and make notes in relation to your call.
We collect technical information from your mobile device or computer, such as its operating system, the device and connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing our Sites.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Where we need to in order to provide you with the product/service you have requested.
- We also process your data where we have a justifiable reason for doing so— for example personalisation of our service, including processing data to make it easier and faster for you to place orders
- To improve the effectiveness and quality of service that our customers can expect from us in the future;
- To enable our customer support team to help you with any enquiries or complaints in the most efficient way possible.
- -To verify your identity;
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- For market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
- To enable us to collect payment from you;
- To contact you where necessary concerning our services, such as to resolve issues you may have with your order.
- To contact you for your views and feedback on our services and to notify you if there are any important changes or developments to the Sites or our services, including letting you know that our services are operating in a new area, where you have asked us to do so;
- To analyse your activity on the Sites so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and for statistical and analytical purposes and to help us to prevent fraud;
How We Protect Your Information
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes, in line with our company policy.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of data;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents;
- daily penetration testing of systems;
- security controls which protect the entire Fruit Like Flowers IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
What You Can Do To Help Protect Your Data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend
- that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
- In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You also have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us (where you have an account with us you can also do this by logging in and updating your information).
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention which has legal consequences (e.g. credit checking). We don’t typically carry out automated decision making but, if we do, we will make it clear where such decisions are being made.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us.
Legal Basis for Using Data
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data
- For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- To send you customer service emails including about your thoughts on new products
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law.
- To create a profile about you to help us personalise our services to you. For example, if you purchase a product and you have consented to our marketing, we will inform you about other new offers or products we think you might be interested in
- so that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the Site
- to track how the Site is used and to improve and update our content
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies and you should be able to restrict or disable them if you wish by adjusting the settings on your browser. This will however affect your use of the areas of our site that use persistent cookies, such as the login areas. We do not use ‘spyware’, that is web bugs or hidden identifiers or other similar devices to gain access to information, store hidden information or to trace your activities. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to restrict or disable cookies, see the IAB website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
We may keep a record of data which is logged automatically by our ISP’s servers, and which we analyse. This includes your IP address, the URL you visited before ours, the URL you visit after